|Indulgent yet Healthy Chocolate & Algae Cake|
From coffee mornings and school fares to corporate raffles and sporting events. It is the one product that many will roll up their sleeves to actively take part in raising money.
Wouldn't it be interesting to commission fresh research into how much money has been raised by cake? Either globally or nationally?
We could call it the new Cakeonomy! (Or should it be cake-onomy?)
You can imagine the headlines:
- Cakeopoly besieging school fares
- Cakeology department set up in xyz university, funded by Cakeopolis
- Q3 forecast for the micro-cakeologists up (the cup-cake sector)
- Federation of Cakeologists strike in solidarity against third sector cuts
It's no surprise that here at Love Pure Cakes, we have supported a host of charitable events.
To date, our cakes have been part of raising a total of raising an astonishing £25,000 in the seven months of trading.
Recently, we supported Macmillan's World's Biggest Coffee Morning via the lovely Maureen from the National Library of Scotland. Thanks to their team effort, they raised over £800 for the morning.
We supported Standard Life with their fund raising for Macmillan, providing several sumptuous and healthy Carrot & Wheat Grass Cakes for their event.
Over To You
- What's the most expensive cake you've ever seen raffled at a charity do?
- Which cake did you most covet at a charity auction?
- How does your company use cake to develop their Corporate Social Responsibility?
Healthy cake love x